It is extremely easy to create a new listing on Realestate.com.kh, whether you are a private seller, landlord or real estate agent.
However, there are some simple ways you can improve your listing quality and make sure every property you list on Realestate.com.kh gets the views and sales leads it deserves.
The better your listing looks and the more information it contains, the more views your listing will receive from prospective buyers – and the faster you will sell or rent that property.
And to ensure property seekers on Realestate.com.kh are presented with the highest listing quality possible, we automatically display listings with 0-1 images at the bottom of the list. Quality listings will always be preferred by our website, and sit higher in the list of search results.
Tips to improve listing quality:
1) Upload more than 3 Quality Photos:
Some buyers who are accessing the site from outside Phnom Penh, or internationals who are searching for property from overseas on Realestate.com.kh, can’t view the property in person, or may have trouble navigating new cities in Cambodia. Hence, they rely on the photos more than most property seekers. Therefore, it is wise to make sure you (or your agent) take high quality photos – and lots of them. Furthermore, in most cases, the user on Realestate.com.kh only wants a physical property inspection if they really like the look of the property in the photos. There are so many properties to choose from on Realestate.com.kh, that home seekers will not waste their time looking at properties with poor quality photos; or photos of a messy house.
- The more photos – the better: After all, a picture speaks 1000 words. Realestate.com.kh’s internal data shows that your chances of selling a property can increase by 85% if you upload more than three images.
- Real Photos: It is very important that the photos you upload are of the actual property you are selling, as this will show potential buyers exactly how the property looks – and prove it is a genuine property for sale.
- Quality Photos: Always use a camera, not your phone!
- Clean the House: Clean the house thoroughly and remove clutter to make the space look as big as possible.
- Remove personal items and fixtures: People want to imagine their things in the house, not your things!
- Use the Light: Take photos in the daytime when the sun is out! Make the property look as light and lively as possible.
- Variety of Photos: Take a photo of every room in the house, and try to include any eye-catching and unique features that will draw users to your listing.
- Consider Functionality: Take photos that demonstrate the functional aspects of the house also. For example, include pictures of the connecting hallways, the security features, the laundry and the size of the car parking spaces. These may not be the most exciting images, but the to potential buyer or renter they hold a big value.
- Upload landscaped images: If the image you upload is portrait it appears cropped on the listing on Realestate.com.kh until the image is fully opened. If the image uploaded is landscaped, it looks good even when embedded inside the listing. So always flip the photo file before you upload it.
2)Take time writing a Quality Listing Description:
Offer as much detail as possible when you are writing your listing description. And most-importantly, put yourself in the property buyer’s shoes! What features will they find most attractive in your property? REMEMBER, do not rewrite the price, size of the property, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, your email address or phone number etc. in the description section, as this confuses the user. Instead, use the dedicated sections where you can tick the features of your house, and add price etc.
- English AND Khmer: Write an English AND Khmer listing headline and description in the designated section. Don’t kill half your audience by ignoring one language.
- Tell us the Title: What title do you have for that property – soft title, hard title, strata title etc.? Tell the buyer in the listing description.
- Special Features: What special features does the property have? If there is something special about the property, tell everybody!
- Property Uses: What is the property’s current use? What are the property’s potential uses? Are there any restrictions on its future use?
- Nearby Amenities: What are the amenities and attractive places that are close by to your property – schools, hospitals, shopping centers, government institutions, transport etc.?
- Construction: Is the property’s location free from ongoing construction? As major cities in Cambodia see construction booms, a property free from the noise and distractions of ongoing construction is an attractive feature.
- Access Roads: How about the road quality and quality of infrastructure near the property?
- Renovations: Has there been any recent renovations to the property?
- Extra Notes: Is the price negotiable? Are contractual terms flexible? Are their benefits to long term rental agreements (if a rental)? Do any services come free/inclusive with the property?
- References: If you have any online references from previous clients who recommend your services, or ex-tenants who have positive reviews about the property, or a personal LinkedIn profile, include these all in the listing description – and inside your seller profile on Realestate.com.kh. All these things will build trust between you and the potential buyer/renter.
3) Get your Contact Details Perfect:
Your listing is a waste of time if people can’t get hold of you! So make sure your contact details are perfect.
- Add two phone numbers and two email addresses if you know that sometimes you will be too busy to take the calls.
- Take time to improve your “Personal Profile” or “Agent Profile” on realestate.com.kh. This profile allows you to give some extra information about yourself and/or your real estate agency. Completing this profile before you list is the perfect way to create a sense of trust and familiarity between yourself and potential buyers and renters. The more people know about you, the more people will see you as a legitimate seller/renter.
- If you are an agent, you should also include your agency’s name and upload your business’ logo to your profile. Whenever your logo is spotted on a listing, buyers will immediately know who you are, and your agency’s reputation. This recognition will ensure you benefit from the reputation of your agency’s brand, your previous transactions and build long lasting and profitable relationships.
- Also, if you are an agent, add a professional photo of yourself. A professional picture adds more credibility to your listing.
- Make sure you are registered on realestate.com.kh’s “Find an Agent” page too – and complete the profile. This is where our users come to find an agent, so make sure you are on the list!
4) Make your Property Listing Headline Count!
Add a “Property Headline” in both English and Khmer – and make it count. If it is simple and clear, people will find your items before they find another. Realestate.com.kh has thousands of listings, so you need to make sure your title quickly summarizes what you have to offer!
- SEO Optimize it: Think about what people normally search for on google or on realestate.com.kh, and make a title for your listing that includes key search terms.
- Give a short, simple and relevant name to your listing. For example, “Big Villa for Sale in Toul Kork” or “10th Floor Condo Unit On Street 51” are ideal name choices.
- It is just a title! Save any description for the dedicated description section.
5) List a price – Don’t list Price On Application (POA):
At realestate.com.kh, we have found that potential buyers generally read the home’s description and expect to see an exact listed price. As such, we strongly recommend that you include a price on any listing if you want to maximise your inquires.
- Don’t scare potential buyers: If a home features a long list of unique details but lacks a sales price, buyers tend to think the home is likely overpriced. Make it easy for someone to investigate your home further by providing as many details as possible: including a list price.
- If the price is negotiable: also let the user know in the listing description.
- If the terms of sale/rent are negotiable: let the buyer know in the listing description.
6) Follow up your sales inquires QUICKLY and PROFESSIONALLY:
When you receive phone and email inquiries for your property on realestate.com.kh, it is extremely important that you follow up with the potential buyer and renter as fast as possible. If you don’t get in touch quickly, your potential buyer or renter will soon find another offer, and another seller who is more interested in them. Following up inquiries slowly immediate makes you seem unprofessional and unorganized!
- International leads process: For international inquiries it is best practice to first contact via email with clear information, and then follow up with a call in English language, or whatever is the preferred language of the international buyer.
- Know the language: If you don’t speak English, or whatever the buyer’s preferred language is (albeit French, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, German etc.), find a friend who does speak this language fluently to follow up the lead for you.
- Remember, an international user who inquires through a property portal is a SERIOUS LEAD and should not be wasted. Internationals totally understand the real estate portal system, and will only inquire to you if they genuinely intended to!
- Local Buyers: For local inquiries from inside Cambodia, it is best to call directly, as soon as possible.
- Know your product! Always be professional and understand your property information perfectly before calling. If you seem confused about the details when you contact the potential buyer or renter, they will lose trust in you and your property.
- For agents listing old properties: if the potential buyer or renter has inquired for a property that you know is already sold or rented, please be honest about this when you contact them about their inquiry. If you are honest about this, you can then establish enough trust with the prospective customer for them to allow you to show them similar properties that you are listing.
7) Upgrade Listings:
You can now upgrade your property listings for sale or rent to “featured” on Realestate.com.kh for only about $1 per day! This means your property will be on the top of the list, and get more exposure and more inquiries. Just click “Upgrade” on the property that you want to upgrade inside your seller’s office and we will do the rest!
8) Refresh Listings:
If your property is still for rent or sale, you can now refresh your listing once every 7 days and bring it back up to the top of the list! When you click “REFRESH”, the property will be moved back up to the top of the list where potential customers will see it!
Harness the online revolution that is spreading across Cambodia – and get your listings sold on Realestate.com.kh today, Cambodia’s home of real estate.